McQueen’s Future Arkansas Veggie Burger Recipe
1 can re-fried beans (or substitute another type of beans or peas)
4 1/2 cups plain quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash of garlic powder
1 dash of sage
1 dash red pepper flakes
- Heat frying pan with vegetable oil on medium flame.
- Mix beans, oatmeal (set 1/2 cup aside), pepper, onion, and spices in a bowl.
- Mold and flatten mixture into four medium-sized patties.
- Coat patties with a thin layer of remaining dry quick-cooking oatmeal.
- Place patties on frying pan and cook until bottom layer is firm, then flip.
- Remove from heat when both sides have a crispy crust.
- Enjoy your McQueen’s Future Arkansas Veggie Burger with your favorite burger toppings.
TIP: Mold smaller patties for veggie sliders.
SUGGESTED: A side of sweet potato french fries.